Home » Trending » Health » nuwater-html-1090448146

nuwater-html-1090448146

The demand for water filters is at an all-time high. Newspaper headlines and television newcasts regularly report of contaminated water in large cities, small towns and rural areas; the contaminants are many, from pathogenic (disease-causing) bacterias and parasites to lead, pesticides, industrial chemicals and radiation.

Experts agree that home filtration is the only way to assure safe, clean water at home. There are many filters on the market that remove various contaminants, but the EPA recommends that only filters that remove particles of one micron or less be considered, and that the one-micron rating be “absolute,” not “nominal.” That’s why NuWater Millennium is the best choice for the safety of your family.

FEATURES/BENEFITS

  • Convenient: water is instantly available at the tap.
  • Unique three-stage filtering process: Pore size of 0.9 micron absolute (99.995% of pores at .5 micron) far exceeds EPA standards, providing highest-level reduction of contaminants…
1. Revolutionary ceramic barrier traps microorganisms, reduces rust and dirt.
2. High-density matrix carbon reduces chlorine, pesticides and other chemicals.
3. Heavy metal-removing compound eliminates virtually all lead.
  • Long-lasting, cleanable filter: lasts twice as long as the best carbon filters; life may be extended by cleaning.
  • Economical: costs less than some straight carbon filters.
  • Environmentally friendly: wastes no energy or water.
  • Unique electronic signal device: tells you when it’s time to clean or change filter.

ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER CLEAN WATER METHODS

  • Chlorination: chlorine kills a lot of the bacteria, but cannot kill the parasites Cryptosporidium and Giardia; plus, the chlorine itself poses one of the largest potential health hazards by reacting with organic materials in water to form chemiclas called trihalomethanes (THMs), such as chloroform. Harvard Medical School studies show that chlorinated water contributes to around 10,000 cases of rectal and bladder cancer each year.
  • Boiling: boiling for at least 10 minutes is the only way to kill parasites; besides being extremely inconvenient, boiling does not remove chemicals, chlorine or lead, but actually concentrates them.
  • Bottled water: bottled water is far more expensive than filtered water, is inconvenient to haul and store, and although many brands are perfectly safe, bottled water is subject to the same standards as tap water, and may be no safer; unacceptable levels of contaminants have been found in bottled water.
  • Carbon filters: most carbon filters willnot remove parasites because of a nominal pore size (about 80% of the pores meet the 1 micron or even .5 micron size, but the other 20% may be much larger), may actually provide breeding ground for bacteria, and may not be cleaned.
  • Reverse-osmosis: although highly effective against lead, chemicals and other contaminants, reverse-osmosis filters waste a lot of water-typically three to five gallons for every gallon that comes out of the faucet-are expensive, slow, take up a lot of space, and can tear or leak, allowing contaninants to pass through.
  • Distillation: distillation systems remove lead, bacteria, parasites, and many chemicals, but are extremely slow, producing only about a gallon of water per day; they waste energy, costing up to 80 per gallon, depending on electric rates; and are inconvenient, not producing enough water to use for cooking or rinsing produce.
  • Carafe filters: these small “pour-through” filters are not convenient for families who drink a lot of water, need replacing often-after 35 gallons, about once per week for 2 people-and do not remove bacteria or parasites.

PERFORMANCE DATA

About